Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't power up original Apple iPod (2001)

I have the original white apple Ipod and I'm trying to resurrect it !! I can't seem to get itr to power up. I have it connected to a Apple power adator via Firewire, but I don't think it's getting charged. I read that you can hold the Play and Menu buttons fro 5 seconds to restore power, but that hasn't worked either. Anyone have any thoughts? I'd really appreciate any help I can get. Thank You.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 7:38 PM

I have one of these too and also recently tried to power it up. First, toggle the hold switch on the top back and forth a few times, then make sure it is switched to OFF. Then, with it plugged in to power, hold the Play/Pause and Menu buttons down until you see the Apple logo appear - it may take more than 5 seconds and up to 10 seconds. Also try holding the Menu and the Center/Select button down for the 10 seconds, I always forget which combo it is for the original iPod.

If you still get nothing, try leaving it plugged in for a pretty long time before trying again, it may take a while for it to get even a tiny bit of charge.

Finally, if after all that you still can't get it to turn on, you could consider replacing the battery.

Good luck!!!

[Edited by Moderator]

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2022 7:38 PM in response to tuneberger

I have one of these too and also recently tried to power it up. First, toggle the hold switch on the top back and forth a few times, then make sure it is switched to OFF. Then, with it plugged in to power, hold the Play/Pause and Menu buttons down until you see the Apple logo appear - it may take more than 5 seconds and up to 10 seconds. Also try holding the Menu and the Center/Select button down for the 10 seconds, I always forget which combo it is for the original iPod.

If you still get nothing, try leaving it plugged in for a pretty long time before trying again, it may take a while for it to get even a tiny bit of charge.

Finally, if after all that you still can't get it to turn on, you could consider replacing the battery.

Good luck!!!

[Edited by Moderator]

Can't power up original Apple iPod (2001)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.