Old iPod

I have an old iPod classic, Not sure if it's a thin or thick model but it's boot looping on charge, and only on charge.

It also only shows the apple logo for a couple seconds, so there's no chance to use disk mode or do any HDD tests.

(this is my first submission, i'm very new here.)

iPod Classic

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 6:24 AM

Leave it charging overnight plugged into a USB port on a computer. There is possibly just enough charge to allow the device to wake up, but starting the drive takes too much energy causing it to reset. Allowing more time to charge may get over that hurdle. If/when you can get it charged see Corrupt iPod Classic - Apple Community and post back your HDD stats if possible.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2023 6:24 AM in response to Cnnord

Leave it charging overnight plugged into a USB port on a computer. There is possibly just enough charge to allow the device to wake up, but starting the drive takes too much energy causing it to reset. Allowing more time to charge may get over that hurdle. If/when you can get it charged see Corrupt iPod Classic - Apple Community and post back your HDD stats if possible.

tt2

Old iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.