Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my Apple Music gone from media browser after upgrading to 10.4.5?

I recently upgraded to Monterey and then ran the Garageband update. Now in media browser, all I have is loops and no access to my Apple Music library. Surely this is not an intentional move by Apple. I produce a few podcasts, and one of the reasons I have stuck with Garageband is the ease of using music in bumpers. Any ideas how to restore my direct access in the media browser?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 8:08 AM

My work-around is to drag the song from the Music Window directly into the GarageBand window.

I find the song in Music that I want to use in my GarageBand project and drag the song directly from the Music window into the empty track area in the GarageBand window. This is working as long as I make sure, that the song I want to use has been downloaded to the Mac from my Music Library.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2022 8:08 AM in response to Greg Wilson2

My work-around is to drag the song from the Music Window directly into the GarageBand window.

I find the song in Music that I want to use in my GarageBand project and drag the song directly from the Music window into the empty track area in the GarageBand window. This is working as long as I make sure, that the song I want to use has been downloaded to the Mac from my Music Library.

Why is my Apple Music gone from media browser after upgrading to 10.4.5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.