Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 different iphones mine&husbands

somehow our accounts are interacting. i would like to go to one account which is our original account but have each phone seperate. so i have an iphone 6 which used to be my husbands,and an iphone 11 my husband has an iphone 8. is it possible to have the one account but not have them interfere with each other? in order for his name to be gone off iphone 6 i made a new account but would rather stay with our original account.

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 11:41 AM

What you’re describing is perfectly normal and fully expected (mis)behavior, when multiple people are sharing the same Apple ID. There’s no way to run entirely separate devices on the same Apple ID.

Each person can and should have their own Apple ID, and then maybe with Family Sharing configured and enabled to share purchases and media content and such.

To migrate to separate Apple IDs with minimal loss of data, see these two threads:

Apple ID - Apple Community

Stop sharing Apple ID with wife - Apple Community

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2022 11:41 AM in response to bobb_e

What you’re describing is perfectly normal and fully expected (mis)behavior, when multiple people are sharing the same Apple ID. There’s no way to run entirely separate devices on the same Apple ID.

Each person can and should have their own Apple ID, and then maybe with Family Sharing configured and enabled to share purchases and media content and such.

To migrate to separate Apple IDs with minimal loss of data, see these two threads:

Apple ID - Apple Community

Stop sharing Apple ID with wife - Apple Community

2 different iphones mine&husbands

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.