Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving verification texts on new iPad mini

My new iPad mini doesn't receive any verification texts from any website or app. I still get them my iPhone and old iPad mini. In fact, the verification codes get sent to the old iPad mini and my iPhone, when I'm using the new mini. If I then enter the code received on one of the other two devices, then I'm let in on the site on the new mini. This is for all apps and desk top sites. Otherwise, my text works perfectly fine on the new mini, just not for two step verification. I've spent hours googling a fix, but haven't seen anyone else experience my particular problem. There are no blocks set up that I am aware of, an again this happens on all websites and apps that require two-step verification. Someone at the Apple Store told me that should't happen, but of course it is. Please help. Thank you!

iPad mini 6, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 10:22 AM

If you have an iPhone - and both iPad and iPhone are signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID, to send or receive SMS/MMS messages from your iPad, you must explicitly enable Text Message Forwarding for your [new] iPad on your iPhone. Verify these setttings:

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your iPad from the list of devices.

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2022 10:22 AM in response to Applewera

If you have an iPhone - and both iPad and iPhone are signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID, to send or receive SMS/MMS messages from your iPad, you must explicitly enable Text Message Forwarding for your [new] iPad on your iPhone. Verify these setttings:

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your iPad from the list of devices.

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

Jan 11, 2022 10:19 AM in response to Applewera

Hi there Applewera,

We understand you're not receiving verification code messages on your new iPad mini.

Make sure your new iPad mini is set up with Text Message Forwarding from your iPhone. Here's how: How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac

This page may also help: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

Not receiving verification texts on new iPad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.