Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook battery not holding charge

I've got a 2007/8 MacBook and the battery doesn't work. The ID is Macbook4,1.

It runs off of the charger, but as soon as I unplug it, it stops working.

When I go to About This Mac, it shows that the battery has less than 100 cycles and a pretty decent capacity. It also says that the battery is charging but has no power remaining.

I've tried to do an SMC reset but it didn't work. I powered it off, removed the battery and charger, held the power button for 5 seconds, and then put the battery and charger back in.

Please help.

Thanks!

MacBook

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 2:10 AM

Hi,

Try to check your MacBook battery with Apple Hardware Test(Apple Diagnostics), if it reports battery related error.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Apple Diagnostics reference codes - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 16, 2022 10:40 AM in response to holdencheese

Does the Mag safe show green or yellow? Also if you hold down the option key and click on the battery icon it will tell you battery condition and if it's charging. If that shows nothing than the connection to the battery is bad. The cycle count does not always mean the battery is good. But it could also be the the mag safe adapter in the MacBook that is bad. Or the internal connection to the battery. AHT does not always pick up on that.

MacBook battery not holding charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.