Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't accept changed Media Service Terms and Conditions

When I try to update some apps on my Iphone I get a pop-up saying that "Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions have changed." "Before you can proceed you must read and accept the new Terms & Conditions." And I get a choice of either Cancel or OK.

When I press on OK, then an empty white page loads and the App Store becomes irresponsive. Waiting does not solve the issue, tried 20 minutes, to no avail.

Restarting the Iphone does not help either.

I also tried a different wifi, mobile internet and a vpn to a different country, all with the same result.

Note that this only happens for some apps, others update without asking for the new terms and conditions.

From my observations only messaging apps seem to be affected.

Would you please fix this issue, or is it "a feature, not a bug"?

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 8:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 7:19 AM

Why is no one from apple seeing this post? At least give us a hint that you are aware of the problem and working on it

28 replies

Apr 11, 2022 11:45 AM in response to mikeJacksonHeights

I found this solution worked for me. Incredible that Apple just ignores this Faux Pas with so many devs complaining.

1. Sign out of your Apple ID using these instructions: https://www.imore.com/how-change-apple-id-your-iphone-or-ipad
  2. Sign back in.
  3. You should get the Media Terms have changed dialog and this time when I clicked OK I got the actual agreement and it was not blank.
  4. Tap Agree.
  5. Sign back in with your Apple ID.

Mitch

Feb 7, 2022 7:16 AM in response to frustrateduser1233

This has been happening on my end for weeks maybe months now. Seeing that many others have the same issue with no solution provided is a huge bummer. We even had a whole new update released after this issue started and it didn't change anything. We now have 15.4 ahead of us. If that also doesn't help I don't know what I am going to do...

Feb 21, 2022 7:00 AM in response to taiga-

Hello Taiga,

unfortunately this is not the solution, as all my Apps are from the same Apple ID/store location.

For you, this inadvertently worked because, as I mentioned in an earlier reply, simply deleting and reinstalling fixes the issue for a given app. It is still annoying to have to delete perfectly fine apps, with no guarantee that the bug will not come back time after time.

Mar 29, 2022 3:16 PM in response to Shane123Iphone

I think that you may be right.

I had previously followed a suggestion to log out & back in (didn’t work & I needed to setup ApplePay & FindMy again).

The app concerned is part of a suite of collaboration tools from my work.

Trouble is they were set up via a complex installation process, not simply installed under a separate AppleID, so I’m slightly scuppered 🙁

Unless Apple pull their finger out & fix this!

Can't accept changed Media Service Terms and Conditions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.