Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trust certificate

I have changed the trust option in my keychain to trust always, but on my email account in Mac Mail, there's a little squiggle and when I click on the squiggle to look at the certificate it says "when using this certificate Use System Defaults. How do I change that?

2 certificates have just been renewed and it's these ones which are causing the problem.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 8:26 AM

alisonfromulverston wrote:

I have changed the trust option in my keychain to trust always, but on my email account in Mac Mail, there's a little squiggle and when I click on the squiggle to look at the certificate it says "when using this certificate Use System Defaults. How do I change that?
2 certificates have just been renewed and it's these ones which are causing the problem.

Have you rebooted to test...(?)

If Mail on your Mac can't verify a server's certificate - Apple ...

Change the trust settings of a certificate in Keychain Access ...

Use personal certificates in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2022 8:26 AM in response to alisonfromulverston

Have you rebooted to test...(?)

If Mail on your Mac can't verify a server's certificate - Apple ...

Change the trust settings of a certificate in Keychain Access ...

Use personal certificates in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Jan 12, 2022 10:19 AM in response to alisonfromulverston

Oh n it hasn't. When it first came up they all showed OK but within seconds I had the message saying they were unsafe, and when I clicked on the certificates it still says they are using system defaults.

Who is your email provider...

You can always contact their support if you need to sort certificate issues

Trust certificate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.