Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

7Plus replaced by IPhone 11. Set it up with facial recognition & had an old 4 digit passcode. Phone worked for 2 days and now Facial Recognition won't work and it's asking for a 6 digit code that I don't have

l just replaced my daughters 7Plus with an IPhone 11. She set it up with facial recognition & had an old 4 digit passcode. Phone worked for 2 days and now Facial Recognition won't work and it's asking for a 6 digit code that she didn't set up?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 6:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 6:47 PM

You would have needed to setup a passcode when setting up the phone and Face ID. Unless you manually changed the passcode type to 4 digits, the default is six. If you don’t remember what you entered when setting it up, then you will need to erase the iPhone and set it up again.

Follow the steps here: link-> If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Write down the passcode this time.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2022 6:47 PM in response to BerDar67

You would have needed to setup a passcode when setting up the phone and Face ID. Unless you manually changed the passcode type to 4 digits, the default is six. If you don’t remember what you entered when setting it up, then you will need to erase the iPhone and set it up again.

Follow the steps here: link-> If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Write down the passcode this time.

7Plus replaced by IPhone 11. Set it up with facial recognition & had an old 4 digit passcode. Phone worked for 2 days and now Facial Recognition won't work and it's asking for a 6 digit code that I don't have

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.