You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off multitasking iPad Air 3

When mail is open and I click a button within that email, it pops a partial screen up of that website (circled in red). How do I turn that off and just go straight to the website? I think I have to turn off multitasking but with the update I don’t see where that’s at within my iPad Air 3 settings.

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 6:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 9:42 AM

You need to explore multitasking - as you appear to have an slide-over view of Safari active on your iPad. Key to accessing and controlling multi-tasking in iPadOS15 is the small “three-dot” button that is found at the top-centre edge of both the main Safari window - and the slide over view.

More information about using multi-tasking and controlling individual windows can be found in this support page:

Use multitasking on your iPad - Apple Support

The iPad User Guide is also a rich source of information about using iPad and its many features. The Guide is available both online using a web browser (such as Safari), or as an Apple Books download:

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

https://books.apple.com/book/id1567104892

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 12, 2022 9:42 AM in response to TiredTheresa

You need to explore multitasking - as you appear to have an slide-over view of Safari active on your iPad. Key to accessing and controlling multi-tasking in iPadOS15 is the small “three-dot” button that is found at the top-centre edge of both the main Safari window - and the slide over view.

More information about using multi-tasking and controlling individual windows can be found in this support page:

Use multitasking on your iPad - Apple Support

The iPad User Guide is also a rich source of information about using iPad and its many features. The Guide is available both online using a web browser (such as Safari), or as an Apple Books download:

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

https://books.apple.com/book/id1567104892

Turn off multitasking iPad Air 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.