Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Linking new iPhone to upgraded cloud storage

My iPhone broke so purchased a new one. My wife and I share 2TB of cloud storage but I can’t figure out how to link my new phone to this cloud. I’ve already maxed out my free 5GB so my phone is not backing up. Please help

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 8:02 AM

iCloud Storage is tied to your Apple ID. If your wife was sharing her storage to your Apple ID when you were using the old iPhone, then all you would need to do is to log in with your Apple ID on the new iPhone and it would automatically be available to it.

If you share the 2TB storage by sharing an Apple ID. then this should absolutely not be done. She should be using Family Sharing to share the storage and each of you should have your own Apple ID for iCloud.

See here: link-> Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2022 8:02 AM in response to CBH_89

iCloud Storage is tied to your Apple ID. If your wife was sharing her storage to your Apple ID when you were using the old iPhone, then all you would need to do is to log in with your Apple ID on the new iPhone and it would automatically be available to it.

If you share the 2TB storage by sharing an Apple ID. then this should absolutely not be done. She should be using Family Sharing to share the storage and each of you should have your own Apple ID for iCloud.

See here: link-> Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

Linking new iPhone to upgraded cloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.