Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Texts in Messages on Mac ( Computer )

Since updating to macOS Monterey 12.1 Messages misses about 50 % of the texts

Fix ?

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 10:12 AM

9 replies

Jan 12, 2022 10:38 AM in response to Richie Arendsee

Richie Arendsee wrote:

Irrelevant - the message shows up on my iPhone, this is how I know the latest upgrade ( MacOS ) is not working

Last week these TEXTS showed up / mirrored in both locations ( a functional requirement I have )

( I would assume it is from a computer itself, ie bank )

It's not irrelevant as your computer is not capable of receiving SMS messages unless it is properly paired with your iPhone.

See here:

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

And yes, sometimes it comes undone and you have to set it up again.

Jan 12, 2022 1:16 PM in response to Richie Arendsee

If you would have said you only receive messages from iPhones I would have replied with:

Make sure SMS message forwarding is still set up

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

Make sure you read the *

* Don't see the Text Message Forwarding setting on your iPhone? Go to Settings > Messages, turn off iMessage, turn it back on, tap Send & Receive, tap Use Your Apple ID for iMessage, then sign in with the same Apple ID used on your other devices.

Missing Texts in Messages on Mac ( Computer )

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.