Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black Screen "iPhone Unavailable"

I am unable to put my iPhone 6s in recovery mode. No matter what I do, it just says iPhone unavailable. I wish to completely wipe it but iTunes will not recognize it.

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 7:17 PM

same thing happened to me on my phone 11 pro max. i cracked my screen and it started clicking on its own and i got locked out so i replaced the screen. did the iphone update mode on my macbook and it had an option to restore on the phone but it didn't restore rather it failed multiple times until i got stuck on the same screen. now i cant even try to restore it on my phone.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2022 7:17 PM in response to cpietropaolo

same thing happened to me on my phone 11 pro max. i cracked my screen and it started clicking on its own and i got locked out so i replaced the screen. did the iphone update mode on my macbook and it had an option to restore on the phone but it didn't restore rather it failed multiple times until i got stuck on the same screen. now i cant even try to restore it on my phone.

Black Screen "iPhone Unavailable"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.