Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air M1 not responsive, maybe crashed

So I have a MacBook Air M1 that I got back in May 2021. Today I opened the lid and nothing. My screen looks like it’s backlit but still black. My keyboard doesn’t light up. I tried command, option escape. I pressed the power/Touch ID button to shut it down, restarted it. It won’t go into safe mode. I can’t get it to do anything. When I plug it in to charge, I still hear the noise it makes when it gets plugged in. And when I restart it, I hear the opening apple noise. Does anybody have any tips, did it truly crash? I just wanted to come on here and ask first before I tried Apple Support or went to a store. This is my first MacBook and it’s been perfect up until today. Thanks!

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 6:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 3:09 AM

Hi,

You'd better contact Apple Support or make Genius Bar reservation or find local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Air before one year limited warranty is expired.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Similar questions

2 replies

MacBook Air M1 not responsive, maybe crashed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.