Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using camera in iPad Pro (as second display) in FaceTime controlled through MacBook Pro

Is it possible to use the camera in an iPad Pro functioning as a second display for a MacBook Pro? I use both devices for work and online meetings (FaceTime), and realized that the front camera of an iPad Pro is much crisper. Hoping there is a way to use the camera of an iPad Pro while it works as a second display of my Mac. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 5:40 PM

No. It isn’t possible. Of course you can have your iPad connected to your Mac using Sidecar, but your camera won’t link. While connected via sidecar, you are free however to go to the homescreen and navigate to facetime, before later going back to Sidecar mode via the dock. I agree with you however, it would be great to be able to use the camera of an iPhone or iPad on a Mac as a input… Product Feedback - Apple

Universal Control may also help you when it eventually releases (delayed by Apple). Universal will let you for example, control the iPad (not even connected via sidecar), via the Mac’s keyboard and mouse (or trackpad etc.) very easily.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2022 5:40 PM in response to frenchp

No. It isn’t possible. Of course you can have your iPad connected to your Mac using Sidecar, but your camera won’t link. While connected via sidecar, you are free however to go to the homescreen and navigate to facetime, before later going back to Sidecar mode via the dock. I agree with you however, it would be great to be able to use the camera of an iPhone or iPad on a Mac as a input… Product Feedback - Apple

Universal Control may also help you when it eventually releases (delayed by Apple). Universal will let you for example, control the iPad (not even connected via sidecar), via the Mac’s keyboard and mouse (or trackpad etc.) very easily.

Using camera in iPad Pro (as second display) in FaceTime controlled through MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.