Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil Glitching!

For the love of god! PLEASE! HELP ME

ive read everything and watched every youtube video, ive done it all. and STILL when im using my apple pencil it draws random line and dots, this might not seem like a big deal, but i use my ipad for school, 8+ hours a day and it happens so many time its driving me mad.

how do i fix this?! some times it doest draw lines all together, othertimes it draws random line or dots.streaks. this set up has cost over $2,200 please tell me how i can fix this

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 8:26 PM

hey ive rebooted, and replaced the tip, ive removed my screen protector too, still the same issues keep persisting

3 replies

Jan 12, 2022 8:34 PM in response to thamissinglink

Hello,

Check to see if your iPad is completely up to date with the newest iPadOS software versions. Also, check to see if the apps you are using with your Apple Pencil are also up to date.

Try thoroughly cleaning your iPad screen, and Apple Pencil tip.

Here are a few other tips you could try:

• ”Turn off pencil click (double-tap). This is the one that changes the pencil to eraser and back. You can do this in Settings > Apple Pencil.
  • Turn off zoom. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Zoom and toggle Zoom to off.
  • Turn off palm detection/rejection in the app you are using, or try a different palm rejection setting. Or if you think palm detection is a problem, you can try something called a drawing glove which can help prevent unwanted marks on your iPad.”

If you are still having issues, then it might be a hardware issue with your Apple Pencil, or iPad. Your last resort is to contact Apple Support through phone, or text. Or make a Genius Bar appointment to get your devices checked out. You can use the below link for assistance in Apple Support,

https://support.apple.com/

I hope everything is able to be resolved.

Jan 12, 2022 8:24 PM in response to thamissinglink

Hello,

I don’t know if you have tried changing the Apple Pencil tip? Or even screwing it on even tighter, sometimes they get loose, and cause issues.

If you have Apple Pencil Gen 1, it should come with an extra tip,

If you have Apple Pencil Gen 2, then you can buy replacement tips at Apple.com

Also, sometimes it’s not the Pencil acting up, it is the iPad!

Try rebooting your iPad, use the below link if you need assistance,

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210631

I hope you are able to resolve your issue!

Apple Pencil Glitching!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.