Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DNS issues on MacOS Monterey

Recently I upgraded MacOS on my macbook air and then, I think, the problem appeared. My issue is, after a while I reboot my macbook, suddenly name resolution with DNS stops working. This issue happens with not only WiFi but also physical ethernet cable. This happens everywhere not only at my home but also cafe, my corporate office etc... meaning it doesn't depend on IT facility.

Interface itself seems ok as I can ping to default gateway, but name resolution is not working completely. From command line interface I tried to activate/deactivate interface as well as refresh DNS cache but those never help the issue. The only solution I have is to reboot however it only works for 5-10min then issue appears again.... This is totally unacceptable situation and I need to know if this is well-known issue or not and workaround if any.

Regards,

Tatsuya

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 1:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 4:26 AM

The Network System Preference allows you to add and delete DNS servers (you'll have to set this up for each interface).

"To manually configure them, use the addresses for the primary and secondary servers. Type the primary server first and the secondary server second."

- Pie Lover

Similar questions

1 reply

DNS issues on MacOS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.