Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I really need to keep my iTunes on my windows computer?

Hi there! I have iTunes installed on my computer and have quite a bit of music uploaded from CD’s on there from back when CD’s were popular. Lol. Now I have a subscription to Apple Music on my phone and iPad. I haven’t even opened my iTunes on the computer and am wondering if I even need it anymore? If I remove it, will that remove all the uploaded music from my cloud and my phone? I’m sure a lot of that uploaded music is available on Apple Music, but I am guessing some of my husbands old country tunes may not be.

thanks!

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 10:09 AM

Uninstalling iTunes won't remove media from your computer or your iCloud Music Library. Ideally you would have a complete backup of your ripped and purchased music and other media so you could restore anything you might accidentally remove from your cloud devices in error, or you decide to let the subscription lapse.

tt2

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2022 10:09 AM in response to Teri2255

Uninstalling iTunes won't remove media from your computer or your iCloud Music Library. Ideally you would have a complete backup of your ripped and purchased music and other media so you could restore anything you might accidentally remove from your cloud devices in error, or you decide to let the subscription lapse.

tt2

Do I really need to keep my iTunes on my windows computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.