Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey 12.0.01 - New or duplicate files not showing up

Since updating to Monterey - every time i duplicate or create a new file (whether I do it from an app or directly in the finder) the new file does not appear in the open window where it should be. If I click out of that window then click back into it... the new file then appears (almost like the view needed to be refreshed). Having to click in out of the folder you're in (losing your place) is frustrating when you're working with long lists of files. BTW. Changing the Folder View has no effect on this problem, and this anomaly has nothing to do with iCloud backup as folders that are not being backed up are also effected. Help appreciated, thanks! iMac (late 2015) running Monterey 12.0.01

iMac 27″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 8:33 AM

First, iCloud is NOT a backup system. It is a method to sync your documents across all of your devices. If you are not using another backup system such as Time Machine, a bootable clone etc then you are NOT backing up your system which is a 100% guarantee you will lose data. If my assumption is correct please follow Apple's steps in Back up your Mac with Time Machine to begin backing up.

As for your problem, please first check for Monterey updates in System Preferences and then retest and let s know how it is going.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2022 8:33 AM in response to Wacke1

First, iCloud is NOT a backup system. It is a method to sync your documents across all of your devices. If you are not using another backup system such as Time Machine, a bootable clone etc then you are NOT backing up your system which is a 100% guarantee you will lose data. If my assumption is correct please follow Apple's steps in Back up your Mac with Time Machine to begin backing up.

As for your problem, please first check for Monterey updates in System Preferences and then retest and let s know how it is going.

Monterey 12.0.01 - New or duplicate files not showing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.