Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Magic Keyboard problem with MS Excel and Powerpoint

I'm having a problem with my "space bar" on my Magic keyboard not working properly within Microsoft Office, specifically within Excel and Powerpoint. My "space bar" sometimes requires me to also hold my shift key at the same time, in order to add a space within Excel and Powerpoint. I've tried restoring keyboard factory settings, in case I accidentally created a shortcut (or my did while waltzing across my keyboard...ugh). However, this doesn't seem to correct the issue. Is anyone else having this issue, or know perhaps what I can do to resolve it? I'd appreciate your feedback, because all of my drivers / software seem to be up to date. Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 6:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 5:19 AM

Check your Accessibility preferences and make sure Full Keyboard Access is turned OFF.

The best forum for Excel is

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_excel-msoffice_OfH-mso_OPMac?sort=LastReplyDate&dir=Desc&tab=All&status=all&mod=&modAge=&advFil=&postedAfter=&postedBefore=&threadType=all&isFilterExpanded=false&page=1

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apple Magic Keyboard problem with MS Excel and Powerpoint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.