Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I tried to move a folder to a higher level folder, and after an error message "could not complete operation" the folder has disappeared. Where is it and how do I retrieve it?

I tried to move a folder to a higher level folder, and after an error message "could not complete operation" the folder has disappeared. Where is it and how do I retrieve it?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 10:44 AM

mkdrum wrote:

? Did you try a Spotlight search for your folder...

Command–Space bar to Show or hide the Spotlight search field. To perform a Spotlight search from a Finder window, press

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Command Z typically will undo the very last command/action...

If no insight or resolve—

High level folder where?

What folder are you trying to move?

see if there is anything here—

ref: About the read-only system volume in macOS Catalina - Apple ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210650

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2022 10:44 AM in response to mkdrum

mkdrum wrote:

? Did you try a Spotlight search for your folder...

Command–Space bar to Show or hide the Spotlight search field. To perform a Spotlight search from a Finder window, press

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Command Z typically will undo the very last command/action...

If no insight or resolve—

High level folder where?

What folder are you trying to move?

see if there is anything here—

ref: About the read-only system volume in macOS Catalina - Apple ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210650

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.