Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to use 5G network in Malaysia

5G has been launched and live in Malaysia since December 15 , 2021 following supports with YTL Communnications , Yes to launch their 5G sim pack so you can enjoy 5G in Malaysia

Bought iPhone 13 for 5G compatibility , but i don't see 5G option when i plug in the Yes First-to-5G Sim Card , what i saw is only LTE / 3G / 2G with VoLTE button , feel like being scammed by Apple & Digital Nasional Berhad & Yes

5G supported devices , but can't use 5G network

Yes Official 5G site : First 5G in Malaysia - Yes | First to 5G

iPhone 13

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 5:46 PM

6 replies

Jan 15, 2022 5:40 PM in response to samleong123

Hi there samleong123,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you're unable to use 5G on your iPhone. It's important to make sure you have a wireless plan that has 5G included. If you're using a SIM card from a non-compatible 5G phone, make sure your current SIM has been provisioned for it. Also, check with your wireless carrier to make sure the coverage is available in your specific location. Toggle Airplane Mode off and back on.

If 5G still doesn't show, it would be best to reach out to your wireless carrier.

Use 5G with your iPhone

Regards.

Unable to use 5G network in Malaysia

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.