Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air and Magic Keyboard

I just purchased the Magic Keyboard for my iPad Air, and I legit realized that I can't fold it down or whatever so I can write on it using my GoodNotes software and I use this to take notes for school. Major dilemma. Can anyone offer advice? Hacks? Help? LOL Thank you

iPad Air, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 7:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 7:52 PM

Hi ScrubLifeGamer, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

It is a dilemma and there are only two options one of which is to remove the iPad from the Magic Keyboard (preferred) and the other is to turn the Magic Keyboard around so that the iPad is laying flat on the surface (still connected to the iPad). The second option looks unusual and is not really perfect but if you can find a way to ensure the iPad remains in the fully extended position (rather than laying flat) than its workable.

But in my opinion, I still find the Magic Keyboard much better to use than the Smart Folio Keyboards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2022 7:52 PM in response to ScrubLifeGamer

Hi ScrubLifeGamer, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

It is a dilemma and there are only two options one of which is to remove the iPad from the Magic Keyboard (preferred) and the other is to turn the Magic Keyboard around so that the iPad is laying flat on the surface (still connected to the iPad). The second option looks unusual and is not really perfect but if you can find a way to ensure the iPad remains in the fully extended position (rather than laying flat) than its workable.

But in my opinion, I still find the Magic Keyboard much better to use than the Smart Folio Keyboards.

iPad Air and Magic Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.