Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

they have not repaired my phone because of unauthorised modification

i purchased on 9th feb 2021 (iphone 12 pro 256 gb) issues with , my phone started within a month of purchase like frequent restarts, inaudible voice while on call, heating up etc, finally apple authorised seller sent my iphone for repairs at bangalore but the response was negative as they said they have't repaired because of unauthorised modification.

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 8:57 PM

13 replies

Jan 14, 2022 9:37 PM in response to deggie

we have already lodge a complaint at sanmati traders regarding the same problem but tthey responded stating that they are only apple authorised reseller and do not have any role it any further problem with my iphone and they are not the one who did the unauthorised modification and they further told us to approached apple customer care and see if apple support will help us regarding the matter

Jan 14, 2022 9:45 PM in response to Luwangs

Have you contacted Apple Support? Otherwise you will have to wait for Sanmati Traders.

If you read the terms of use you agreed to when you joined here you would know that this is a user-to-user technical support site operated by Apple. Click on the Get Support link at the top right of this page to contact Apple Support.

Jan 14, 2022 9:51 PM in response to deggie

We have already reach out to apple support and their reply was that they found some unauthorised modifications and can’t disclose any further information & won’t be able to help further with the issue . What we wanted to know was what exactly and who exactly did the unauthorised modifications but dint get the reply.

Jan 14, 2022 10:01 PM in response to Luwangs

I looked it up, and there are no Apple Authorized Resellers in Imphal. Also - the Sanmati Traders website seems to be dead.

As far as I can tell by looking up Apple's database, the closest authorized iPhone retailers in India to Imphal is in Shillong. Then several more in Guwahati. You might have gotten scammed one way or another.

Have you checked the warranty coverage with the serial number? It should be on a label on the original box, but could also be Settings > General > About - or the equivalent in your preferred language. Then enter it here:

https://checkcoverage.apple.com

they have not repaired my phone because of unauthorised modification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.