Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The RAT Or Remote Access Trojan on an iPhone 12 Pro

There was another thread discussing this but it wen't dead...I am experiencing the same thing as the guy that started the other thread. My situation is a little different because they hacked into my phone through my car.

I drive lyft so they have plenty of time to do it....somehow they can track me and control my rides.

Last night as I was doing door dash they remotely cut off my camera but I cut it back on... I know they did it because the way they cut it off was by turning on my airplane mode, which is on another screen...

It is frustrating that this goes on and I wish I knew who to report this to as well as block them off my phone...

Anyone have any input on how to remove the RAT from my iphone 12 pro?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 7:38 AM

6 replies

Jan 15, 2022 9:19 AM in response to muguy

I didn't jailbreak it and it's been going on for about 4 to five months...it is possible maybe it's not a rat but they are definitely using something...last night was the first time the airplane mode switched on by itself and I noticed it right away because I stream music through my car audio system which connects to the car USB and through apple car play...it's basically a computer set up so it is possible to hack into a phone through the car computer...there are articles written about it just can't find anything to undo what they have done...I know for a fact that it can be done and undone but I need to have correct terminology to find the correct answers.

Jan 15, 2022 9:34 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

no they never have physical access but until I caught on to what they were doing they would schedule a long ride...After those rides the glitchy stuff happens more......when I caught onto what was going on i would just turn my wifi off and disconnect it from the car until the ride is over...they hijack my rides to get me to drive in certian neighborhoods...bad ones late at night...I know they are doing it because Lyft has ride filters that we can use to route us to certian places without turning off the app so we can get rides in that direction...4 a day...if I use them after they get into my phone I can use the fiters multiple times and they nevr get used...Lyft can't see this happening for some reason

The RAT Or Remote Access Trojan on an iPhone 12 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.