Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Column Alignment/Justification

Hi there ~ noticed a funny thing about the columns in iTunes today. In my iTunes, I have some standard columns visible (track #, name, time, artist, album, year, comment, disc #), but of those columns, track #, time, and disc # are all aligned (or justified) to the right of the column, whereas with all of the other columns, they are aligned left.

I would like to align ALL of the columns to the left, but couldn't figure out how to. The reason I'd like to do this, is that when you have a right-aligned column followed by a left-aligned column, no matter how wide you make either of those columns, the information from those two columns will be right next to each other, making it visually cluttered.

It appears this is something that can't be fixed: that iTunes doesn't give you the option to change the default alignment of the various columns. But if anyone knows how to do this I would really appreciate knowing how.

Thanks so much in advance!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 2:30 PM

I'm certain there are no features to alter justification, text fields align left, numeric fields align right. It is baked into the application. Aligning numerics to the right means units align with units, tens with tens, hundreds with hundreds, whether the number has 1, 2, or 3 digits. etc. You can copy data from iTunes into a spreadsheet if you want to have control over the alignment, but you cannot do it in iTunes.

tt2

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2022 2:30 PM in response to NateH108

I'm certain there are no features to alter justification, text fields align left, numeric fields align right. It is baked into the application. Aligning numerics to the right means units align with units, tens with tens, hundreds with hundreds, whether the number has 1, 2, or 3 digits. etc. You can copy data from iTunes into a spreadsheet if you want to have control over the alignment, but you cannot do it in iTunes.

tt2

Jan 15, 2022 11:25 AM in response to turingtest2

Hello turingtest2 ~ thank you for your reply. I suspected as much, and it sounds as though you're pretty sure of this, yes? Any idea the reason behind this? I'm guessing they didn't foresee any users really wanting to adjust it, and/or wanted to save money by not including additional software? And/or to minimize the size of the iTunes file? Whatever the reason, it just seems strange that they wouldn't align all columns the same. Thanks again for your time and help.

Nate

iTunes Column Alignment/Justification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.