Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cursor using Sidecar and Apple Pencil

Hello, I just got my new iMac and was hoping to be able to use my iPad as a drawing tablet using Sidecar. But it seems that the cursor isn't visible on the iMac screen while I'm using my Apple Pencil on the iPad, unless I am actively drawing or editing. I can't see the cursor on the screen as I'm moving the pen around, like I was previously able to do with my Wacom. This makes it pretty unusable as a drawing tablet, as I'm basically just using the iPad as I've always done. Someone asked this exact question in October of 2019 and the answer given then was that this feature is not supported. Since it's now over 2 years later, is this feature supported yet? I can't seem to figure it out or find any information on it.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 11:05 AM

I think the intended functionality is to look directly at your iPad when drawing, especially since it has a built in retina display, as opposed to a drawing tablet.

Leave Apple some feedback here if you want things to be different: Product Feedback - Apple

2 replies

Cursor using Sidecar and Apple Pencil

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.