Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs With 'Dotted Cloud' Icon on iTunes on PC

Hello,

I have iTunes on my iPhone and on my PC. I subscribe to iTunes Match.

In iTunes on my PC, many songs have a dotted outline of a cloud icon. I can play these songs on my PC, but when I try to play them on my iPhone I get the error message: 'This song is not currently available in your country or region.' I live in Canada.

This problem seemed to start when I let iTunes Match lapse for a year and then re-subscribed.

Thank you in advance for your advice,

Gary

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 11:51 AM

Hello Shortstop44,

We see you're having an issue with a dotted-line cloud icon appearing for various songs in the library. We'd be happy to help.

There's some info on that here which may help: Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC

As the page notes this indicates the following: "The song is either waiting to be uploaded, can't be matched, no longer available in the Apple Music catalog, or hasn't been released yet."

For songs taking a long time to upload/match, this page has suggestions in the "If it's taking a long time to upload your music library" section: If your songs are grayed out

Cheers.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2022 11:51 AM in response to Shortstop44

Hello Shortstop44,

We see you're having an issue with a dotted-line cloud icon appearing for various songs in the library. We'd be happy to help.

There's some info on that here which may help: Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC

As the page notes this indicates the following: "The song is either waiting to be uploaded, can't be matched, no longer available in the Apple Music catalog, or hasn't been released yet."

For songs taking a long time to upload/match, this page has suggestions in the "If it's taking a long time to upload your music library" section: If your songs are grayed out

Cheers.

Songs With 'Dotted Cloud' Icon on iTunes on PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.