Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app says my own mp3 files are unavailable in my region?

So I have an old CD-collection that I converted into mp3 files years ago. Just got my new macbook so I imported all the files into the Music app on the laptop and then I synced the entire collection to my iPhone. (I transferred the files by connecting a cable to my iphone and then I choose the option to sync my entire music library to the iphone.)

I don't have a "music" subscription so I'm only expecting to play my own mp3 music on my iPhone for now.

However now I have realized that some music is being prevented for playback. Like this old Lenny Kravitz album "Mama Said" there's track that are grayed out and I get the "This song is not currently available in your country or region".

I mean, that would make sense if I was using the music streaming service from Apple, but I just hours ago copied all the MP3-files for this album to my iPhone. (Or at least that what I thought I was doing.)

What am I missing here?

Sorry for the bad english, I'm a Swede.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 12:27 AM

So now I managed to fix my problem. Solution was to connect the iPhone to my macbook and do yet another music sync.

This time around there was 1600 files that needed to be synced (out of a total of 9000) so most likely my first sync wasn't completed properly.

Similar questions

2 replies

Music app says my own mp3 files are unavailable in my region?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.