Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My own mp3 no longer available in my country/region?

Hi guys!

I know this question has technically been asked before however mine is a unique circumstance.

I write my own music and I had completed a track, exported as an mp3 and added it to my itunes and iphone music library.

Now, I was able to play it for about 24 hours no issue on my iphone. Suddenly the next day and after connecting to my pc just to sync/charge, my song is now greyed out and when I tap it, it says the song is no longer available in my country/region.

I re-rendered my song and created a new mp3 file and it still is greying it out.

I also tried rebooting the phone, re-syncing and logging out and back in to my region (Australia)

I find this very odd, considering the song isn't on the itunes store/apple music yet and it was my own file. It also is fine playing on my pc.

I note another song is doing the same thing. It's my own mp3 file (not my own song though) and it has greyed it out for the same reason.

I'm unsure whether this is just a glitch with my phone or if it's a widespread issue.

Thanks in advance!

~Fern

iPhone 12

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 6:32 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 18, 2022 9:35 PM in response to hcsitas

It's odd because I've never had an issue at all in the past ever. My entire music collection of 10,000+ songs are my own bought files, give or take about 100 bought from the iTunes store.

I'm reluctant to use third party apps like file explorer as I can't have the same cataloguing system and playlists features that music does (honestly, nothing beats the itunes/apple music cataloguing system in my opinion).

My workaround in the meantime is rendering the file as a .wav and it works fine, but a few mp3s for some reason are not working/have the region issue so I'm still very interested to know if there is an actual fix for this.

Dec 18, 2022 9:27 PM in response to Ferndrop

Apple Music doesn’t co-exist with personal/ripped collections very well. Use instead, a 3rd party app like File Explorer, the basic version of which is free. The pro version single license works across all devices on your local network and also popular cloud services. Both versions are ad-free and come with built-players, can recommend.

My own mp3 no longer available in my country/region?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.