Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad music “Song not available in your country or region”even though I own it !!

I am no longer able to play music I loaded onto my iPad from CDs I own. Apple have grayed some of them out and tell me it is not available in my region. Any suggestions how to fix this?

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 10:24 AM

Thanks for the reply. But I am unable to access my main computer to sync the iPad because I am away from home. Secondly, all this was working fine until recently, which means something has changed on the iPad. The only significant changes are upgrades from Apple. I have noticed that upgrades often delete all the pdfs in my Books app on the iPad as well, which I load there for doing science research (yes, I am a scientist). Thus I suspect the problem is something Apple has done to the Music app on the iPad and it would be good to know what that is. The music that Apple has grayed out for me was from a CD I own so why is it suddenly no longer able to be played and, furthermore, why do I get the message that this music is unavailable in the state or country I am in? I think this is a botched upgrade from Apple related to preventing unauthorised playing of music that has impacted the legitimate use of music I have paid for. It would be nice if Apple looked into this problem so it doesn't happen again. I am very unhappy about it.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2021 10:24 AM in response to revbill222

Thanks for the reply. But I am unable to access my main computer to sync the iPad because I am away from home. Secondly, all this was working fine until recently, which means something has changed on the iPad. The only significant changes are upgrades from Apple. I have noticed that upgrades often delete all the pdfs in my Books app on the iPad as well, which I load there for doing science research (yes, I am a scientist). Thus I suspect the problem is something Apple has done to the Music app on the iPad and it would be good to know what that is. The music that Apple has grayed out for me was from a CD I own so why is it suddenly no longer able to be played and, furthermore, why do I get the message that this music is unavailable in the state or country I am in? I think this is a botched upgrade from Apple related to preventing unauthorised playing of music that has impacted the legitimate use of music I have paid for. It would be nice if Apple looked into this problem so it doesn't happen again. I am very unhappy about it.

Sep 24, 2021 10:10 AM in response to coder22

Hi coder22.

Many of us who have mixed libraries that consist in part of music we have added from CDs and other sources we own and in part of music added from an Apple Music subscription.

The bottom line is this. When you are streaming music via an Apple Music subscription or via iTunes Match using the Sync Library function, if the music has not been downloaded to the device in advance, then the data stream comes from the iTunes Store in the region where you are currently located and is subject to restrictions for that region.

In other words, if the music is downloaded to the device, then you should be able to play it. If you are streaming and the music in question is not available via iTunes in that region, then you will see the error you are describing.

Cheers.

iPad music “Song not available in your country or region”even though I own it !!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.