Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad pro magic keyboard only works when connected with charger

Hi

I have a 3 weeks old magic keyboard for my ipad pro 12.9 (last december)

When it is not connected to a charger the keys 2 W S X stop working.

Some times the first stroke works, maybe for some seconds it just skips some typing and the very quickly none of them work.- Then when I reconnect the charger the keys do work again.

I disconnect the charger and it stops working

I also tried restarting the iPad, installed latest updates and set the keyboard to specific keyboard layout.

Is it damaged?

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 3:27 PM

Sounds like something is temperamental with the hardware. Would recommend making use of your warranty (or return period, if applicable).

You can try this: Force restart iPad – Apple Support (UK), but I suspect if anything is fixed, it will only be temporary. Make use of your warranty period while you can…

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2022 3:27 PM in response to Gentlehag

Sounds like something is temperamental with the hardware. Would recommend making use of your warranty (or return period, if applicable).

You can try this: Force restart iPad – Apple Support (UK), but I suspect if anything is fixed, it will only be temporary. Make use of your warranty period while you can…

ipad pro magic keyboard only works when connected with charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.