Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Pro Magic Keyboard Not Working

My IPad Pro 11inch normal keyboard (without magic keyboard) is working just fine but when I connect the magic keyboard some keys don't work but instead they turn on the caps lock button. I’ve tried turning off mouse keys and doing all the keyboard/accessibility things in setting and it hasn’t worked. I’ve also tried checking for updates and powering off and on my iPad and it doesn't work. I've cleaned the connection dots and nothing has helped. The only time some keys start to work is when I'm charging my iPad using the charging port of my magic keyboard and then after a while keys like the numbers come back and the space bar. But the delete button has never come back.

The keys that don't work include:

• all the numbers except 0
  • Delete button
  • Tab button
  • World button
  • Control button
  • Space bar
  • Down Arrow Button
  • Quotation marks button

Is this something that can be repaired concerning the keys and battery or will I have to get a new keyboard?

iPad Pro (4th generation)

Posted on Mar 18, 2023 11:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 5:39 AM

What you have described in your post appears to be a hardware issue with the Magic Keyboard. I recommend that you have the Magic Keyboard examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and a resolution.

Axel F.

Similar questions

4 replies

IPad Pro Magic Keyboard Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.