Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Battery Life Terrible for anyone else?

I have had a crazy saga was Iphone 13s. I initially purchased the Iphone 13Pro but wasn't impressed with the photos so I switched to the Iphone 13 -- thinking the only big difference was the cameras. Boy was I wrong.

I have had the 13 now for a little more than a week and the battery is worse than the Iphone 7 I was using for the last 4 years. Today I charged the phone to 100% and continually checked the battery healthy. In totally I used the phone for 6 hours and 5 minutes before the phone died. And when I say uses the phone, I used google maps, WhatsApp and messages. No streaming, no videos, not talking, or facetime. Just basic apps to navigate the city. In three hours I went from 50% to 17% battery, and this was only using the phone sporadically. You can see proof of this in the two screengrabs I've attached of the battery health screen. The time for each can be see, as can the battery indicator, in the photos.

Is this unique to my specific phone or are other people experiencing this as well?

I was so excited to get a finally upgrade to a new phone and not have to worry about limiting my use and carrying around a charger with me -- only to now have a fun that dies faster than my old one! The batter on the Iphone 13pro was incredible -- I could go two days without charging that phone. If I had know that the difference wasn't just the cameras, I would have held onto the 13Pro. I don't care so much about a camera but I need a phone that works.

The specs say the 13 should last 19 hours, and 15 hours when streaming video. I couldn't even get half that out of the battery using very low energy apps.

iPhone 13

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 5:07 PM

The battery specs you are quoting state up to 13 hours.

That time is with specific use and network conditions, it is not a guarantee.

Google maps drains battery at a high rate. The screen, the cellular radio and gps are on constantly.

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 15, 2022 5:21 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

For the Iphone 13 it's says 15 hours of streaming, 19 hours of video playback -- but even if is 12 -- 6 hours is still HALF of that. I have had iphones since they came out and pretty much uses them all about the same -- as far as the apps -- and the battery life of this new phone is far inferior to any of the others I have had -- use the apps the exact same way.

iPhone 13 Battery Life Terrible for anyone else?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.