Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos

I backed up my phone on 1/11/22 and I got a new device and all my data is backed up except my photos I have photos only up to last year on February how can i access my photos that were backed up on 1/11/22 on to my iCloud ? I had storage and Wi-Fi the backup was successful so I don’t understand what happen to all my photos

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 8:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 8:31 PM

Hello,

Did you enable iCloud Photos? If so, they are not included in backups since they are stored in iCloud.

If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

"Make sure that iCloud Photos is turned on

iCloud Photos securely stores all of your photos and videos in iCloud, so that you can access them on all your devices. If you took a photo on your iPhone but don't see it on your other devices, check your settings with these steps.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > [your name], then tap iCloud.
  2. Tap Photos.
  3. Turn on iCloud Photos."

If not, that article has other steps to try for recovering photos as well.

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2022 8:31 PM in response to Val6666

Hello,

Did you enable iCloud Photos? If so, they are not included in backups since they are stored in iCloud.

If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

"Make sure that iCloud Photos is turned on

iCloud Photos securely stores all of your photos and videos in iCloud, so that you can access them on all your devices. If you took a photo on your iPhone but don't see it on your other devices, check your settings with these steps.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > [your name], then tap iCloud.
  2. Tap Photos.
  3. Turn on iCloud Photos."

If not, that article has other steps to try for recovering photos as well.

I hope this helps.

photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.