Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded to monetery, and everything related to sound just doesn't work

After i upgraded to macOS monetery, nothing that has anything to do with sound is working. I can't play Youtube videos, or videos on any other sites: they just infinitely load. I can't listen to music on Spotify, but i can sometimes play the song. And I cant even change my volume. It doesn't even let me go into "sound" in settings: it just loads for a good 20 seconds, then goes "Preferences Error

Could not load sound preference pane"

When I try to change the volume using the keys, it lags, then after a few seconds it either shows the volume changing, or gives the circle with a cross symbol. Sometimes nothing happens.

I've already tried restarting my device, resetting PRAM and SMC, and waiting a day to see if it was an issue with the new update optimising everything. Nothing worked.

I tried installing CleanMyMac X, but it would just freeze up and i'd have to force quit it whenever i tried to do anything.

I'm not connected to any bluetooth device, and nothing is in the earphone jack.

I might have to wait even longer for the monetery optimisation to finish, but since I've waited a day i'm starting to doubt that. Any Ideas on what else I could try/what the problem is?

Thank you

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 8:03 AM

Problem: Apple security disabled - Apple security software is disabled. This computer is at risk of malware infection. Antivirus software: Avast

Solution: Uninstall Avast using Avast;s uninstall instructions. Hopefully this will re enable Apple's protection.

Problem: Gatekeeper disabled - Gatekeeper security protection is disabled. This computer is at risk of malware infection.

Solution Enable gatekeeper

Potential Problem: Launchd: /Library/LaunchAgents/com.audiojinglex.soundtree.agent.plist

Executable: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/Audiojingle.driver/Contents/Resources/Audiojingleagent.xpc/Contents/MacOS/Audiojingleagent

Details: Exact match found in the legitimate list - probably OK

Solution: May this is cause. Can you uninstall or disable this audio app?

Potential Problem: [Loaded] iShowU Audio Capture.kext - com.shinywhitebox.iShowU-Audio-Capture (1.0.5 - SDK 10.14)

Solution: Can you disable this audio app?

Potential Problem: [Loaded] com.shinywhitebox.iShowUAudioDaemon.plist (Shiny White Box Limited - installed 2020-06-19)

Potential Problem: Audio Plug-ins:

ACE: 11.7.1 (Rogue Amoeba Software, LLC - installed 2021-10-05)

Audiojingle: 1.7.0 (? - installed 2019-03-26)

Solution: Can you disable this a a test?

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2022 8:03 AM in response to randommacuser789

Problem: Apple security disabled - Apple security software is disabled. This computer is at risk of malware infection. Antivirus software: Avast

Solution: Uninstall Avast using Avast;s uninstall instructions. Hopefully this will re enable Apple's protection.

Problem: Gatekeeper disabled - Gatekeeper security protection is disabled. This computer is at risk of malware infection.

Solution Enable gatekeeper

Potential Problem: Launchd: /Library/LaunchAgents/com.audiojinglex.soundtree.agent.plist

Executable: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/Audiojingle.driver/Contents/Resources/Audiojingleagent.xpc/Contents/MacOS/Audiojingleagent

Details: Exact match found in the legitimate list - probably OK

Solution: May this is cause. Can you uninstall or disable this audio app?

Potential Problem: [Loaded] iShowU Audio Capture.kext - com.shinywhitebox.iShowU-Audio-Capture (1.0.5 - SDK 10.14)

Potential Problem: [Loaded] com.shinywhitebox.iShowUAudioDaemon.plist (Shiny White Box Limited - installed 2020-06-19)

Potential Problem: Audio Plug-ins:

ACE: 11.7.1 (Rogue Amoeba Software, LLC - installed 2021-10-05)

Audiojingle: 1.7.0 (? - installed 2019-03-26)

Solution: Can you disable this a a test?

Jan 16, 2022 7:14 AM in response to lllaass

Thanks for the info.

I also noticed settings freezes up whenever I click the lock to make changes. I ended up using safe-mode to enable full disk access. When i restarted, i noticed i had trouble due to Brave, the browser that i use. Although i've been using it for a while now, could it be the cause of my problem? The problem still persists on other browsers, so i doubt it. Just thought it was worth mentioning. Anyway heres the report:

Jan 16, 2022 6:46 AM in response to randommacuser789

Malwarebytes Is the only such app I use.

Since there is sound in Safe Mode, the choppiness is not unexpected since in Safe Mode everything tend to be laggy, that tend to indicate that something not loaded during Safe Mode is causing the problem.

Download and run this app so we can find more information about your installation.

https://etrecheck.com/upgrade

It shows what is launched and other information and is very useful in finding causes of problems. After you first launch the app make sure you check Enable full disk access in the box in lower left.

After running the app use the app's feature to paste to clipboard. The in the text box for a reply in this forum click on the addition text icon. This is because the normal reply text box limits how much you can type.

Paste additional text box image

No personal identifiable information is contained if the app output. The app was written for a person who is contributor to these Apple Support Communities

Upgraded to monetery, and everything related to sound just doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.