Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook air m1 drops 5ghz wifi every few seconds.

The 2.4ghz wifi is stable but 5ghz wifi connection keeps dropping every few seconds..

I tried to update software but it didn't help.

please help me overcome this issue ASAP.

thanks

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 12:24 PM

5 GHz tends to be more affected by intervening objects than 2.4 GHz, and a few inches of movement can be all that's necessary to cause intermittent connections.

Learn about potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference - Apple Support

3 replies

Jan 17, 2022 8:43 AM in response to ravivsh

That's not right. There could be a hardware fault, and it may be simple to fix. If that's the case though, only Apple or an authorized Apple Repair facility can fix it.

First read and follow If your Mac doesn't connect to the Internet over Wi-Fi - Apple Support, then Contact Apple Support.

After performing all the usual perfunctory steps, (update macOS, check your router's firmware, etc) the Apple Support representative will probably refer you to that document. Assuming they do, you can tell them you already did that. Then, ask if they want you to forward its report to them.

Let me know what happens.

My macbook air m1 drops 5ghz wifi every few seconds.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.