Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder - Awkward icons

I copied a folder (including a few folders and files) from an external HDD to another external one. After copying process was finished, I had my original folder copied on the destinatio HDD, but I saw that some of the folder names (inside the folder) had an awkward icon at the right (as you can see in the image I pasted in this mail) . This icon is generally visible only when the copying process is running. Anyway I cannot get rid of it. Can you understand what's happening? Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 6:05 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Jan 17, 2022 8:13 AM in response to KiltedTim

I'm afraid it is not allowed to post images. Am I right?

If I am, I can't explain very well what I've seen... well I'try... it is a circle .... the same you can see when a copy is in progress, but it looks like it's a shot at the beginning of the copy process... and moreover this icon doesn't go away after copying

Hey ... I found the way to post the image! Here is!

Jan 24, 2022 9:04 AM in response to BDAqua

Thanks. I always see these icons while copying and I know their meaning. However these icons were shown after the process of copying finished. I could open the files and they were all OK. It was just like a shadow image on the screen, but I couldn't remove neither closing/opening the finder window, nor moving eleswhere the files, nor doing anyting else to gat rid of them.

Of course I repeated the copy process and this time I didn't see icons any more. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway the mistery isn't solved...😉

Best

Finder - Awkward icons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.