Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Newly bought MacBook Pro found dust inside screen

Hi, I just bought a new MacBook Pro from Apple Store days ago but, unfortunately, a dust was found in the screen. What is the option can I do to get my MacBook replaced by a new one because I am still in the 14 days return period. I cannot go back to the apple store where I bought this MacBook because is was when I was traveling. Either, I will not choose to return this one and order another one. This will take me another month without any laptop to use.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 6:51 AM

6 replies

Jan 17, 2022 7:19 AM in response to ronghao17

Go to the nearest Apple Store to you now, or Apple Authorized Service Provider, with proof of purchase and your identification. See what your options are while within that 14-day purchase window, even though you purchased it while travelling. They may have a comparable unit in local inventory, may be able to fix it, or yes, you may be waiting for a build to order replacement.

Newly bought MacBook Pro found dust inside screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.