Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Health" APP using wrong iPhone for input

My wife and I share an iCloud account. Don't know if that is Germaine or not.

We walk for exercise. When walking her iPhone displays her walking information. Later in the day, her iPhone started displaying the data from my iPhone for her walking.

These are iPhone 12s using SW version 15.1.1

Any help is appreciated.

Tim

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 6:58 AM

6 replies

Feb 6, 2022 6:05 AM in response to TBS2

TBS2,

Yes, that is correct. However, it may be worth reviewing this resource and the information below: Make sure that each family member has a unique Apple ID

"Avoid sharing an Apple ID

Apple recommends that you do not share your Apple ID. Instead, set up Family Sharing so that each person uses their own Apple ID. This way, your family can share purchases, subscriptions, and more without sharing personal information like email, text messages, or passwords.

If you share your Apple ID with a family member, certain services will treat you as the same person. You might see these issues:

• Apple Music family subscription: Instead of receiving your own membership with your own library, you’ll share a library and recommendations with the other family member.
  • App Store, Apple Books, and iTunes purchases: If Family Sharing is ever stopped, the owner of the shared Apple ID will keep all purchases. You might lose access to everything in the account, including purchases you initiated.
  • Apple Podcasts, Apple Books: Podcast episodes and bookmarks might sync according to the other family member’s preferences or be accidentally deleted.
  • Messages: You might receive text messages that are intended for your family member."

Best wishes.

Jan 18, 2022 8:43 AM in response to TBS2

Hi TBS2,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, it sounds like some Health and activity data is syncing between two iOS devices and you're sharing an Apple ID. Is that right?

Generally speaking, it's recommended to Make sure that each family member has a unique Apple ID. In this case, it sounds like you might have Health syncing turned on under Settings > [name] > iCloud. Is that turned on? Back up your Health data on iPhone

If that doesn't seem to account for it, we recommend contacting Apple with this link: Get Support

Take care.

Feb 6, 2022 6:59 AM in response to ryane77

Thank you very much for your help. Two more details -- for consistency's sake I try to keep a single copy of the Contacts data. Does the "Family Sharing" set up provide for sharing the Contacts data? Also our Photo stream. Will "Family Sharing" keep the Photos the same on all sharing devices.

Again, I appreciate your time and effort in helping us.

Tim

"Health" APP using wrong iPhone for input

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.