Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Title plug in

Anyone know of a plug-in that will slowly expand text like this video (about 2 seconds in)? "Winter Is Calling", etc.) There is one built-in in FCP but it eases in and out and when I make changes, it doesn't quite do what this text is doing. Thanks for your help!

https://youtu.be/GDVXRhOTIYM

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 11:28 AM

Do you have Motion?

If you do, it is a simple matter of

1) Control-click, "Open a Copy in Motion"

2) Select the text layer, locate the Tracking parameter; click the little arrow and choose Publish

3) Use this new version of the title. The published parameter(s) will appear in the Title tab (not the Text tab) of the Inspector:

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2022 11:28 AM in response to bsurfm

Do you have Motion?

If you do, it is a simple matter of

1) Control-click, "Open a Copy in Motion"

2) Select the text layer, locate the Tracking parameter; click the little arrow and choose Publish

3) Use this new version of the title. The published parameter(s) will appear in the Title tab (not the Text tab) of the Inspector:

Jan 17, 2022 12:54 PM in response to bsurfm

The Custom Title *should* have been able to do what you want, but the way it was constructed was there are two distinct animation layers - In, which starts at frame 0 and goes halfway through the title and Out, which starts at the 50% mark and goes to the end.

I revamped that so that you can set an In from 0 to 100% of the title and/or an Out starting at 0 to 100% of the title. Avoid competing parameter crossovers, but you can set up two different animations, each lasting 100% of the title length but going in different "directions".

You can download the Custom - SC title here:

https://fcpxtemplates.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Custom-SC.zip

The original "In Duration" and "Out Duration" parameters have been changed to In End Offset % (set the time for the *end* of the In animation in percent of length of clip) and Out Start Offset % (set the time for the out animation to begin).

For the Tracking effect you're looking for, I set up these parameters (ignore cross-outs):

The key parameters are

In End Offset % set to 0 (no Incoming animation is used and it doesn't matter what the parameters are set at - it's completely turned off).

Out Tracking — only about 30% added tracking to the text.

Out Spread — any "high number" (greater than 250) should work to make each character animate simultaneously with the others.

Out Speed — I thought the Decelerate looked best and most like the video.

Out Start Offset % — Set to 0%, this animation begins as soon as the Title appears and continues for the entire length of the title.

A good matching font was Helvetica Neue Ultra Light with the default Tracking set to 20%.

HTH

Title plug in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.