Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air booting up weird and itunes acting weird

Anyone know why my macbook air boots up lately displaying what reminds me of a DOS Shell on the screen before going to normal login screen and how to fix it? And the last couple days itunes stops playing and starts dinging a bell until I reboot computer, anyone know what to do to fix this?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 12:04 PM

Hello Patty1959-2013,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! We understand your concern with the way the MacBook Air is booting up. Also iTunes makes the dinging sound. We're happy to assist you with this.

Let's start by booting your Mac in safe mode. Safe mode can resolve many issues like the ones you're having: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

While in safe mode, test to see if the same issue occurs with iTunes.

Make sure there are no updates for your Mac:

Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Take a look at the images in this article to see if any one of them are the screen you were seeing when your Mac boots up. This will provide a better understanding of what's going on:

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities, and have a great day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2022 12:04 PM in response to Patty1959-2013

Hello Patty1959-2013,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! We understand your concern with the way the MacBook Air is booting up. Also iTunes makes the dinging sound. We're happy to assist you with this.

Let's start by booting your Mac in safe mode. Safe mode can resolve many issues like the ones you're having: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

While in safe mode, test to see if the same issue occurs with iTunes.

Make sure there are no updates for your Mac:

Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Take a look at the images in this article to see if any one of them are the screen you were seeing when your Mac boots up. This will provide a better understanding of what's going on:

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities, and have a great day!

Jan 18, 2022 3:40 PM in response to jdo_apple

I tried to do a recovery mode reinstall of OS few times after safe mode didn’t fix it. it kept telling me I wasn’t connected to the internet even though I was. so I rebooted normal and it rebooted ok twice. I haven't tried itunes yet, but I'm hopefull that since it rebooted ok itunes will work fine. If not, I'll be back. Thank you jdo-apple!

MacBook Air booting up weird and itunes acting weird

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.