Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

change numbers file to excel file

I need to provide a file to external parties as an Excel file. It originated as an Excel file, but then opens it as a .numbers file. Can I then save it as an .xlsx (Excel) file which is readable to someone opening it on a PC?

MacBook Pro 13″, 11.6

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 12:38 PM

If you collaborate with people who use Excel, it is better for you to use Excel. Importing into Numbers changes the formatting of the document and may remove formulas that don't import (replacing the formula with the last calculated value). Exporting back to Excel changes it again. What you send back to them will likely not look like what they sent you.

To answer your question, in Numbers use the menu item Numbers/Export to. Choose Excel. Then you have to choose whether you want each table to become an Excel worksheet or you want each sheet (which might have multiple tables) to become an Excel worksheet.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2022 12:38 PM in response to Thanks-if-you-answer-my-Q

If you collaborate with people who use Excel, it is better for you to use Excel. Importing into Numbers changes the formatting of the document and may remove formulas that don't import (replacing the formula with the last calculated value). Exporting back to Excel changes it again. What you send back to them will likely not look like what they sent you.

To answer your question, in Numbers use the menu item Numbers/Export to. Choose Excel. Then you have to choose whether you want each table to become an Excel worksheet or you want each sheet (which might have multiple tables) to become an Excel worksheet.

change numbers file to excel file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.