Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

vibrating screen on MacMini 2018

Hi.....I'm using a Mac mini with Parallel on it as I also need Windows to run MT4 forex trading. Lately the attached monitor - LG 27UL850 W - started to vibrate , flickering on the screen while I was working on it.

it was stopped vibrating when I switched out the monitor, however, later on, it came back when the IOS system suddenly woke up on his own and asked for my screen password. This time it did not help when I switched out the monitor, I had to turn off the Mac mini as well. After restarting there was no screen vibration.

Is it a problem of the monitor (which is pretty new), I purchased a month ago or a problem of Parallel or MacOs Monterey or hardware problem?

Can I get any guidance how I can figure out the root of the vibration problem?

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 4:28 PM

If you're using the LG supplied USB-C cable, test a better quality Thunderbolt/USB-C cable.

for example > https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208368

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 18, 2022 7:27 AM in response to AteszfromMB

Sorry for possible changing corse on you here, but I'm having trouble finding the exact Spec's for that LG Display.

If that display only has USB-C input, then the above cable is the one that you want to test.

However, if that LG Display also has HDMI and DisplayPort inputs, then you would better off getting and testing a high quality USB-C to DisplayPort cable. for some examples > usb-c to displayport cable

vibrating screen on MacMini 2018

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.