Video ghosting and flickering Mini M2 pro

I have a new Mac Mini M2 pro

On a couple of occasions whilst using the computer, the display flickers and there is ghosting of the image.

I use the monitor with a windows machine and it never happens with that, so I dont think its the monitor.

I rebooted the Mac, but as soon as it powered up, it did the same. After a few minutes 5-10 mins, it resolved itself.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks in advance.

Mac mini (M2 Pro, 2023)

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 3:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 3:59 AM

No. I have an M2 mini Pro connected to a 32-in LG 4K Ultrafine display and it works perfectly via the Belkin HDMI 2.1 High Speed 4K cable. Review you connection and the quality of the cabling to that display. Are you using an HDMI splitter, or switcher between the mini, the PC, and the display?

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 19, 2023 8:24 AM in response to VikingOSX

My monitor is connected via HDMI to my Mac Mini M2 Pro and to my windows laptop via USB4.

The "glitch" was that the display flickered asif the refresh rate had dropped showing horizontal lines and their was ghosting of the image (as if the screen was burnt out). It resolved itself after 5-10 mins. (reboot didnt help)

I have now connected the Mac Mini using the USB4 to see if that makes any difference

Video ghosting and flickering Mini M2 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.