Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad won’t clear badge notifications alerts

Badge alert (red ball) does not go away ever, even after all notifications have been resolved. I have reinstalled affected apps but they reinstall to the exact condition they had before. Annoying

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 3:16 PM

2 replies

Jan 18, 2022 12:41 PM in response to Hustler644

Hello Hustler644,

We're glad you thought to ask Apple Support Communities about the issue you're having with the alert badges not removing on apps. Great idea with deleting and reinstalling the apps. If you haven't already, be sure your iPad software is fully updated. If an update is needed, back up first: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If an update was available, be sure to install available app updates after. If the behavior continues after updating or if you were already updated, let us know more:

• Which apps does this happen with?
  • Does toggling the notification off, restarting your iPad, then toggling them back on help?

The more details you can provide the better.

Take care.

Jan 20, 2022 10:40 AM in response to TammyW_03

Tammy, Thanks so much—- Yes my phone and iPad were both recently updated to current levels. Games had been reinstalled with the most recent issues. But what finally solved my problem was your suggestion to toggle the notifications settings combined with a restart. So a least for now they are all clear and functional. I thank you for your time in responding, have a great day.

iPad won’t clear badge notifications alerts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.