Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have an iphone and am getting pop up saying my phone has been compromised

how do i fix this issue

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 9:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 9:40 PM

Hello,

This is very likely a scam pop up.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

"If your web browser displays annoying pop-ups 

While browsing the web, if you see a pop-up or alert that offers you a free prize or warns you about security problems or viruses on your device, don't believe it. These types of pop-ups are usually fraudulent advertisements, designed to trick you into downloading damaging software or giving the scammer personal information or money.

Don't call the number or follow the links to claim the prize or fix the problem. Ignore the message and simply navigate away from the page or close the entire window or tab."

Hide ads and distractions in Safari on iPhone - Apple Support

"Block pop-ups

Go to Settings  > Safari, then turn on Block Pop-ups."

I hope this helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2022 9:40 PM in response to Audrey1384

Hello,

This is very likely a scam pop up.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

"If your web browser displays annoying pop-ups 

While browsing the web, if you see a pop-up or alert that offers you a free prize or warns you about security problems or viruses on your device, don't believe it. These types of pop-ups are usually fraudulent advertisements, designed to trick you into downloading damaging software or giving the scammer personal information or money.

Don't call the number or follow the links to claim the prize or fix the problem. Ignore the message and simply navigate away from the page or close the entire window or tab."

Hide ads and distractions in Safari on iPhone - Apple Support

"Block pop-ups

Go to Settings  > Safari, then turn on Block Pop-ups."

I hope this helps.

Jan 17, 2022 10:02 PM in response to Audrey1384

Audrey1384 Said:

"i have an iphone and am getting pop up saying my phone has been compromised : how do i fix this issue"

-------

It is a Scam:

What you are reporting is a scam. So, report it to Apple and modify your credentials.

Use my User Tip: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tips

Did you Interact with it?

If you did not interact with the messages, then you can ignore it. If you did (i.e. Provide personal info), then you may need to take thinks a step further.

Modifying your Credentials:

Having so much suspicion, consider modifying your credentials, ASAP, starting with a new password.

i have an iphone and am getting pop up saying my phone has been compromised

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.