Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad won’t charge after latest update

Having two cases after the update.

1.     Charging is hit or miss - The charing bolt appears for 1 second and miss next second and loop…

2.     Using a different cable, power adaptor - The lighting bolt appears but % never up.

Both cables and power adaptors work flawlessly with my two Iphones.

Then I tried soft reset the ipad, still no luck. % still stuck while charging. But I see a diffference in that reset. % jumps few%.  Maybe the battery gauge is malfunctioning? What can I do to fix it?

iPad mini 5 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 12:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 1:43 AM

If you already tried (to no avail) all the steps provided in this support article:--> If your iPad won't charge - Apple Support, it might be a hardware (battery? other internal component?) problem but we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that kind of issue remotely, sorry.

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2022 1:43 AM in response to duncan0622

If you already tried (to no avail) all the steps provided in this support article:--> If your iPad won't charge - Apple Support, it might be a hardware (battery? other internal component?) problem but we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that kind of issue remotely, sorry.

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Ipad won’t charge after latest update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.