Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW TO UNLOCK US RESELLER ACTIVATION POLICY

Hello, i´ve bought an iPhone 13 PRO at Best Buy, i understand such device is subject to the US Reseller Flex Policy.

I have a T Mobile SIM, that seems accepted for activation, if it try to activate using the local INDIAN carrier it fails to activate with a "SIM Not Valid" message.

From the US Reseller Flex Policy, as i activated it with a T Mobile SIM, i contact T Mobile for unlocking, They were unlocked". Still, my INDIAN carrier SIM does not work.

Any clues?

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 9:48 AM

Follow the instructions here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201328

If it still doesn't work, call AppleCare. They can tell you whether it's actually unlocked or not.

If it is, then Apple should be able to help you. If it is not, you will have to work it out with T-Mobile.

The ONLY source for unlocked iPhones in the US is directly from Apple.

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2022 9:48 AM in response to ferozkhan786

Follow the instructions here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201328

If it still doesn't work, call AppleCare. They can tell you whether it's actually unlocked or not.

If it is, then Apple should be able to help you. If it is not, you will have to work it out with T-Mobile.

The ONLY source for unlocked iPhones in the US is directly from Apple.

Jan 18, 2022 9:51 AM in response to ferozkhan786

From what I understand, even if you can get a flex policy phone unlocked, it cannot be used as an unlocked phone outside of the US. I remember reading this before here on the forum, but I cannot seem to find the reference to it any more. That could very well explain why you are experiencing the problem with the activation outside of the US.

Jan 18, 2022 9:59 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I ALREADY PAID OFF TOTAL AMOUNT HOW CAN YOU EXPECT IT WILL WORKS ONLY FIRST ACTIVATED CARRIER & IN MY CASE CARRIER ALSO SAYING THEY WERE UNLOCKED & MENTIONED THE UNLOCKED DATE ALSO

I CALLED APPLE CARE MANY TIMES IT WAS MY TIME WASTE THEY DID NOTHING

WHAT NEED TO DO

T MOBILE SAYING FROM THEY END UNLOCKED ALREADY

THEN WHO WILL FIX THIS ISSUE WHOME I NEED TO CONTACT

Jan 18, 2022 10:45 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Yelling at me with your Caps Lock on is not going to make things work faster, better, or even at all. The fact you paid off the total amount does not matter. You made the error of purchasing a phong at Best Buy believing it is an unlocked device you could use outside the US. It isn't. As KiltedTim stated earlier, only Apple sells unlocked phones in the US. That is not Apple's fault and Apple does not unlock phones. I still don't believe there is a fix based on my understanding of the Flex policy. Even if the phone is unlocked from the carrier in the US, it cannot be used outside of the US.

HOW TO UNLOCK US RESELLER ACTIVATION POLICY

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.