Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a cuestion my son passed away and I can recover all his pictures but I don’t have his password what I can do?

How I can unlock my son Iphone 10 he passed away and I want to recover all his pictures

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 6:20 PM

If the pictures are only on the iPhone and if the phone is passcode locked and you don't know the passcode, there isn't any way for Apple to recover them; but if they were synced to iCloud then Apple can help. See the information in How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

including the following:

Please note that devices locked with a passcode are protected by passcode encryption, and Apple can't help remove the passcode lock without erasing the device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2022 6:20 PM in response to Carolina8013

If the pictures are only on the iPhone and if the phone is passcode locked and you don't know the passcode, there isn't any way for Apple to recover them; but if they were synced to iCloud then Apple can help. See the information in How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

including the following:

Please note that devices locked with a passcode are protected by passcode encryption, and Apple can't help remove the passcode lock without erasing the device.

I have a cuestion my son passed away and I can recover all his pictures but I don’t have his password what I can do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.